Friday, May 13, 2016

I was recently inspired to try something like this after reading about one red paperclip and the straw millionaire.  The idea is to make a trade for an item and keep progressively trading up for a bigger and better item.  You end up with a item of greater value than what you started with.  I suppose the idea of "value" is subjective.  People place different values on different items.  In my case, I don't necessarily know what my ending "item" will be, but I want to explore where this goes and see where this adventure takes me.

The first item I will be trading is a single penny.  This isn't any regular penny. It is a 1912 "Wheat Cent" penny minted in Philadelphia.  You may not be familiar with the backside design, but it was featured on all pennies prior to 1959 and was designed by famous sculptor and engraver, Victor Brenner.



Please follow this blog to keep an eye on what is being traded and what it is being traded for.  I will be using the barter section of Craigslist to list items.  Alternatively, if you follow this blog and want to make a trade offer, please don't hesitate to email me.  I hope it will be exciting and entertaining for all watching!  If you have any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions, please contact me!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am quite familiar with wheat pennies. My dad collected them and now I do too. I'd be thrilled to take the penny in trade for a bottle/can opener / knife combo item. I don't see a way to post a picture here, but I did reply to your thread on Reisterstown Online Yard Sale on Facebook. Please let me know if you are interested.
    Oh, and I am very familiar with what you are doing. There was a TV show about some guys in Vegas who do this regularly.
    Thanks!
    S. Hunter Smith
    www.SHunterSmith.com

    ReplyDelete